Harold M. Brody is a partner in the Labor & Employment Law Department. His practice is characterized by its diversity and he has represented employers in virtually every facet of labor and employment law.
For over 25 years, Hal has represented employers in almost every conceivable forum. He has appeared before the National Labor Relations Board in connection with union organizing campaigns and unfair labor practice charges. He has handled numerous labor arbitrations.
He has appeared before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing on a broad range of employment discrimination matters, and he has practiced before the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement and the United States Department of Labor on a wide variety of wage and hour issues.
Although very much a labor generalist, over the past several years, Hal’s practice has focused on employment litigation. He has appeared before trial and appellate courts throughout California, successfully representing employers in such matters as wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, ERISA, wage and hour, and employment discrimination lawsuits.
The diversity of Hal’s practice can be gauged by the range of employers he has represented in such litigations: financial institutions; museums; hospitals; airlines; retailers; newspapers; food processors and distributors; theme parks; publishers; and television and motion picture companies.
Hal has been an instructor at Golden Gate University, teaching health care labor law, and was a guest lecturer in labor law at Southwestern University School of Law from 1979-1995. He also serves on the editorial review boards of The California Employer Advisor and The HR Advisor, and writes and lectures frequently on a wide variety of employment law topics.
In addition, Hal has been active in community and charitable activities. He served as Chair of Westside Legal Services, formerly an important provider of legal services to low-income families, and currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Laurence School.
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D., 1975
- University of Pennsylvania, A.B., 1972
Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, California, Central District
- U.S. District Court, California, Northern District
- U.S. District Court, California, Southern District
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Executive Committee of Labor Law Section, Former Chair and Vice Chair of Labor and Employment Section)
- State Bar of California, Labor Law Section (Executive Committee)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Labor Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor Section, Litigation Section)
Rate : $$$$