Harold “Hal” Walter is a Principal Attorney in the Business Litigation Practice Group, and also works as an intellectual property (IP) litigation attorney. Mr. Walter’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation including product liability, toxic tort, labor & employment, estates & trusts, and a wide variety of commercial and business litigation. Highlights of Mr. Walter’s legal experiences include:
- Defense verdicts in the first two cases to go to verdict in the United States alleging that ELF/EMF caused brain tumors
- The trial of numerous consolidated product liability and mass tort cases involving multiple plaintiffs and multiple defendants in which punitive damages were at issue
- The argument of hundreds of motions and participation in over a thousand depositions
- The trial of a variety of multimillion dollar commercial and business claims representing either plaintiffs or defendants
- Counseling business clients, with a particular emphasis on intellectual property and the entertainment industry.
Harold Walter has been recognized by The National Law Journal as one of the nation’s Top Ten Winning attorneys in recognition of his impressive victories in jury trials of national significance. The NLJ identified Mr. Walter as among the nation’s best at establishing credibility with jurors and winning difficult cases.
A skillful negotiator, Mr. Walter has also resolved cases in both practical and creative ways. Clients have compared Mr. Walter to a master chess champion who sees the end-game, then plans and executes a winning legal strategy to get there. Mr. Walter represents his clients with his whole heart and full legal acumen to get the best possible outcome.
Before joining Offit Kurman Attorneys At Law, Mr. Walter was a partner with a large downtown Baltimore law firm. Immediately following law school, he served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard P. Gilbert, Chief Judge of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals.
- J.D., University of Maryland, 1982
- B.A., Franklin and Marshall College, 1979
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for Maryland
Rate : $$$