Widely recognized for finding practical and sensible solutions in high-stakes, complex financial restructuring and insolvency matters, Harris B. Winsberg develops creative approaches to help clients evaluate and meet their business objectives.
Harris helps clients solve the complex problems that arise in bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring cases. He works with his clients to explore the range of options available to them and develop and execute a practical plan of action.
Harris represents public and private companies, financial institutions, boards of directors, creditors, and other parties in all aspects of corporate restructurings, including workouts, bankruptcies, corporate governance matters, distressed asset sales and insolvency-related litigation.
He also has experience developing and structuring finance transactions, including asset-based loans. As noted in Chambers USA, Harris is well-known as “smart, intuitive, thoughtful, organized, and willing to go above and beyond.”
Harris brings a results-oriented strategy to representing clients from a wide array of industries, including healthcare, real estate, retail, diamond and jewelry, food and beverage, energy, media, hospitality, transportation, and financial services.
Representative Matters :
- Representing the U.S. subsidiary of a foreign bank in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of an international diamond and jewelry company.
- Representing a public company that specializes in traveling exhibitions, including those with titanic artifacts, in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Represented a 376-bed nonprofit hospital system in an out-of-court restructuring and asset sale.
- Advised an independent consultant for a national bank regarding an action overseen by federal regulators with respect to residential mortgage servicing and foreclosure laws.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Officer and Director, Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice
- Master of the Bench, W. Homer Drake Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Past Chair, Bankruptcy Section, Georgia Bar
Professional Experience : Clerk to the Honorable Karen S. Jennemann of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, Orlando Division
- University of Florida, J.D., with honors, 1997
- University of Florida, B.A., with honors, 1994
BAR ADMISSIONS : Florida, Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
Rate : $$$