Harry M. DeCourcy focuses his practice exclusively on employment and labor law. He has extensive experience in California workers’ compensation law with an emphasis on its direct impact on employers and its interrelation with other employment laws. His expertise extends to representing clients, big and small, in employment civil litigation and arbitration.
Harry regularly handles matters venued before state and federal courts as well as various government agencies including the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, United States Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
He represents clients in mediation and in the litigation of wage and hour class actions and claims involving employment disability, discrimination and harassment. In addition, Harry regularly counsels employers in pre-litigation workers’ compensation issues, disability accommodation and leave issues as well as related policy implementation.
He has lectured to human resources groups on the subject of California workers’ compensation and related employment law. He is a contributing author to Littler’s annual employer book series, The California Employer.
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law
- B.A., Indiana University Bloomington
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Alameda County Bar Association
- Member, Contra Costa County Bar Association
Rate : $$$$