Mr. Harry Secaras counsels and represents employers throughout the country in employment matters including traditional labor matters, employment law issues and employment-related litigation in federal and state courts and before federal, state and local administrative agencies.
- J.D., University of Illinois, 1989
- M.B.A., University of Illinois, 1989
- B.A., Economics, University of Illinois, 1985
Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth, Seventh and District of Columbia Circuits
Mr. Secaras has negotiated many collective bargaining agreements (including agreements on behalf of employer associations). He has represented employers in representation and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in the Appellate Courts.
During the last five years, Mr. Secaras has negotiated collective bargaining agreements on behalf of an association comprised of more than 100 privately owned nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Illinois, an association of residential construction employers in Illinois, and a privately owned trucking company employing more than 1500 bargaining unit employees at multiple locations across the United States and Canada.
He successfully represented a large manufacturer in the container industry in an unfair labor practice matter alleging that the employer refused to bargain in good-faith and unlawfully locked out its employees. The NLRB reversed the findings of the Administrative Law Judge and ruled that the Company had engaged in “hard bargaining” but had bargained in good faith and lawfully locked out the bargaining unit. The D.C. Circuit affirmed the Board’s decision.
Mr. Secaras routinely counsels employer regarding employee classification issues, proper payment of overtime, and proper utilization of tip-credit under federal and state law. He has defended many lawsuits alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Illinois Minimum Wage Law and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act.
- American Bar Association (Labor Section; Committee on Practice and Procedure before the NLRB)
- Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois (Member; Past President; Past Chairman of the Board of Directors; Founding Member; Board of Directors)
- Member, COO Forum (Chicago Chapter); Steering Committee Member
- Successfully Navigating the Grievance and Arbitration Process in the Public Sector
- Instructor, University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
Rate : $$$$