Harry Lee represents clients in their most challenging insurance and reinsurance disputes. He also assists clients in a variety of commercial disputes, including mass tort bankruptcies, insurance broker malfeasance, and professional malpractice defense. In the broader commercial realm, he represents attorneys, accountants, insurance brokers, agents, and corporate officers and directors in a variety of complex professional liability and business disputes, all of which present common procedural concerns and the need for an experienced litigation tactician.
With more than three decades of litigation experience, Harry is recognized as a tireless advocate for his clients, and particularly for his ability to handle the most contentious cases and stand up to the most aggressive and difficult opposing counsel across the country at both the trial and appellate levels. He leads Steptoe’s top-tier Insurance/Reinsurance Group, where he has practiced his entire 32-year career.
Harry has litigated more than 100 insurance coverage cases in his career, and has advised his clients on hundreds of others. A significant portion of Harry’s practice involves representation of major direct-side insurers with respect to third-party and first-party coverage issues arising from environmental and toxic tort/product liability claims.
He has also handled a number of novel insurance coverage issues arising from the financial crisis, particularly involving mortgage-backed loans. For reinsurers, Harry handles disputes concerning treaty and facultative coverage, including billing and allocation issues arising from underlying liability and property damage disputes.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Maryland Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Admitted to the US Supreme Court and various US Courts of Appeal
- Board of Directors, Washington Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights
- Board of Visitors, Catholic University Law School
- J.D., Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 1986, cum laude; Associate Editor, The Catholic University Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1982, Industrial Management and Economics
Rate : $$$