Harry P. Ogden, former managing shareholder of the Firm’s Knoxville office, concentrates his practice in health care litigation. Mr. Ogden represents long term care facilities and their parent entities, various types of clinics, and medical professionals including medical doctors, dentists, nurses, psychologists and social workers. He has also represented clients in other professions, including defense of accountants, lawyers, agents and brokers.
Mr. Ogden devotes a significant portion of his practice to defending manufacturers and distributors of products, including medical devices, industrial equipment, automotive components, asbestos and other chemical and alleged toxic tort matters.
Mr. Ogden has served as statewide and local counsel to numerous product manufacturers in products liability cases, and he has handled medical malpractice and long term care litigation for clients across the state.
He has handled multiple premises liability claims for grocery stores, discount merchandisers, home improvement stores and industrial facilities, as well. In commercial litigation he has represented insurance companies in ERISA litigation and coverage matters.
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1975
- Southwestern at Memphis (Rhodes College), B.A., 1971
- Tennessee, 1976
- U.S. District Courts for Western, Middle and Eastern Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – American, Tennessee and Knoxville Bar Associations
- Fellow – Knoxville Bar Foundation, Board of Directors (2010 – present)
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Named a Tennessee Supreme Court Attorney for Justice (2017)
- Vice President, Board of Directors – The Sertoma Center (2008 – present)
Rate : $$$