Harry J. Weiss represents clients in securities enforcement matters and counsels corporations and their directors and officers regarding a wide range of corporate compliance issues. He joined the firm in 1995 and served on the staff of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for 11 years, ultimately as Associate Director of the Division of Enforcement. Mr. Weiss previously served as chair of the Securities Litigation and Enforcement Practice.
While at the SEC, Mr. Weiss led investigations involving insider trading, financial reporting, accounting and disclosure problems and broker-dealer and investment adviser violations. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Weiss was the General Counsel of PaineWebber, Inc., in New York.
Mr. Weiss speaks frequently on SEC enforcement and corporate compliance issues, and is a former co-chair of the Securities Enforcement Subcommittee of the ABA Litigation Section.
- JD, Boston University School of Law, 1976
- AB, Johns Hopkins University, 1973
ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Massachusetts, New York.
GOVERNMENT EXPERIENCE :
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, Branch Chief
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, Assistant Director
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Enforcement, Associate Director
- Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of the General Counsel, Special Trial Counsel.
Rate : $$$