Haydee Sera is an associate in the Firm’s Municipal Government Law practice, where she provides general representation to municipalities on a broad range of issues such as elections, ethics, public records, and sunshine law, including shade-sessions. As counsel to local municipalities, Haydee drafts and reviews proposed legislation, resolutions, and agreements on a variety of matters. Haydee also provides counsel to elected officials on legal matters, including compliance with state and local ethics laws.
Prior to joining the Firm, Haydee was the Assistant Town Attorney for the Town of Miami Lakes where, among other things, she served as counsel to the Town’s Planning and Zoning Board, Charter Revision Commission, and advisory committees.
Haydee represented the Town in various civil matters including Chapter 119 public records litigation and interpretation of the Town’s Charter. In addition to her municipal experience, Haydee has represented domestic and international clients in probate and guardianship administration and litigation, and commercial litigation matters.
Haydee is a South Florida native and long-term resident of the Town of Miami Lakes, where she is a parishioner of her life-long church, Our Lady of the Lakes. She has served on the Board of the Gramercy Park Homeowners Association and as Secretary of the Alumni Association of her high school alma mater, Saint Thomas Aquinas High School.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD 2009
- University of Miami, BBA 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Miami Lakes Bar Association
- President 2016, 2012
- President-Elect 2015, 2011
- Vice-President 2014
- Treasurer 2013
- Director 2010
- Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA)
- Board Member, Florida Young Lawyers Division 2015-2016
- Mentor, 2010 – Present
- Cuban American Bar Association (CABA)
- University of Miami School of Law Alumni Association, Member 2009 – Present
- Young Alumni Committee, Events Committee Member 2011
Rate : $$$