Hayden S. Baker assists clients in mergers and acquisitions, energy and infrastructure projects, real estate deals, and financing transactions. He has won recognition from Chambers USA, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers and New York Super Lawyers.
Hayden is particularly well-regarded for his sophisticated, practical approach to transactions, having represented companies, private equity investors and financial institutions in hundreds of transactions, totaling well over $100 billion in investments.
Clients praise his blend of strengths, saying: “He is very detail-oriented, very commercial and good at seeing what matters. He is levelheaded, very responsive and just a great guy to work with.” Hayden regularly counsels clients in the energy, chemicals, technology and infrastructure sectors.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an infrastructure fund in its creation of a platform to acquire and develop behind the meter utility grade backup power systems.
- Advised a hydropower business in connection with its purchase and upgrade of four hydroelectric power plants located in North Carolina.
- Represented an infrastructure fund and its portfolio company in the acquisition of a portfolio of landfill gas-to-energy projects and related project matters.
- Represented a global renewable energy company in its acquisition of a portfolio of development-stage solar facilities, as well as the subsequent project financing and tax equity investment.
- Advised a private equity investor in connection with the development of a greenfield combined-cycle natural gas-fired generation facility.
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with the aggregation of various energy and water infrastructure projects.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Board member, Mordecai Land Trust
- Alumnus, New York Environmental Law Leadership Institute
- Member, Environment, Energy & Resources Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Environmental Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2002
- Middlebury College, B.A., 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Rate : $$$