Hazen H. Dempster has more than 30 years’ experience in structuring, negotiating and closing corporate financing transactions in a broad range of matters, including asset-based financings and multinational syndicated financings.
Hazen’s finance experience includes asset-based loans, factoring facilities, cross-border financing, loan restructurings and workouts, debtor-in-possession loans, mezzanine loans, syndicated loans, and term and revolving loans, among others.
He has represented banks and other financial institutions, as well as borrowers and issuers across diverse industries, including energy and natural gas, manufacturing, paper, telecommunications, restaurant and food, retail, and media.
His lender representations focus on asset-based lending while his borrower representations focus on broadly syndicated revolving credit and term loans. His understanding of financings from both the lender and borrower perspectives enables him to find practical solutions to issues that result in favorable outcomes for all parties to the transaction.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an asset-based lender in connection with a $50 million lender finance revolving credit facility using a special-purpose entity structure.
- Acted as lead counsel to an asset-based lender in connection with the structuring, negotiation and closing of the acquisition financing of a distressed auto parts company by a private equity fund.
- Served as lead counsel to a joint venture of major utility companies in the $3.25 billion financing of a major East Coast natural gas pipeline.
- Represented a global telecommunications company in connection with a $2.8 billion secured acquisition financing.
- Counseled a multinational pulp, paper and forest products manufacturer on a $600 million asset-based credit agreement.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association
- UCC Committee, Corporate and Banking Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Legal Opinion Committee, Corporate and Banking Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Board of Directors, Association for Corporate Growth, Atlanta Chapter
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1983
- University of Virginia, B.A., with high distinctions, 1980
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$