Heather Archer Eastep’s practice focuses on financial institutions. Heather’s practice focuses on corporate and regulatory representation of small to large regional and national financial institution franchises.
She has counseled institutions on M&A transactions, as well as provided representation on securities offerings, capital planning, and corporate restructuring.
She also advises financial institutions and financial service providers on emerging regulatory and compliance issues, mostly recently related to high-risk customers and Fintech opportunities.
- Structuring and raising equity and debt through public or private offerings.
- Shareholder matters including share repurchases/tender offers, responses to activist investors and related corporate governance planning.
- Structure changes and expansionary activities such as de novo formations, charter conversions, holding company formations, expansion of existing lines of business (trust, insurance, securities and non-banking activities).
- Management planning, incentive compensation, corporate succession matters and board advisory services.
- Advises clients on all matters related to the acquisition or sale of existing financial institutions and their nonbank subsidiaries and the acquisition, sale, establishment and relocation of branch offices.
- Mergers and acquisitions of banks with nonbank entities, such as mortgage companies, and investments in banks by third parties.
- Awarded a top legal ranking in the U.S. for the 11th year in a row in SNL Financial’s league tables for bank and thrift legal advisers. (2017)
- Advises clients on a broad variety of bank regulatory and compliance matters, including consumer compliance, third party risk, compliance management systems, incentive compensation, high-risk customers, transactions with affiliates and other regulatory and compliance matters.
- LLM, Georgetown University, with distinction, 2003
- JD, George Mason University, cum laude, 2000
- BS, The College of William & Mary, 1996
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee
- Member, Virginia Bankers Association
- Member, Women in Housing and Finance, Inc.
Rate : $$$$