Heather Duplantis concentrates her practice in professional liability defense and insurance coverage litigation and counseling. In the area of professional liability, Heather’s practice focuses on the defense of professional malpractice claims against insurance agents and brokers, attorneys, accounting firms, home inspectors, and financial advisors.
In the area of insurance coverage, Heather provides counseling to third-party liability insurers, and defense of insurance coverage litigation, including bad faith coverage litigation. In this regard, Heather has litigated numerous declaratory judgment actions in state and federal courts in Louisiana and Texas.
Heather also has experience litigating complex commercial disputes, defending securities fraud claims against accounting firms, and defending oil field “Company man” in personal injury litigation.
Ms. Duplantis is licensed to practice law in Louisiana and Texas. She began her career in Austin, Texas where she worked as a commercial litigator, first as an associate at Vinson & Elkins, LLP and then as a partner at Reeves & Brightwell, LLP before returning home to her native Louisiana and joining Phelps Dunbar’s Baton Rouge office in 2006.
- University of Texas School of Law
- J.D., with High Honors, 2000; Chancellor Honor Recipient; Order of the Coif; Dean’s Achievement Award
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- B.A. in Political Science, summa cum laude, 1997; Outstanding Graduate in Department of Political Science, Vermillion Honor Society, Blue Key Honor Fraternity
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Rate : $$$$