Heather L. Emmel is a partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice in New York. Ms. Emmel primarily represents private equity and corporate clients globally in debt offerings, equity offerings and other capital markets transactions in a variety of industries.
In addition, Ms. Emmel has represented underwriters in a variety of securities offerings and has represented bidders, target companies and private equity funds in connection with public and private mergers, acquisitions and dispositions in both a private sale and auction context (including leveraged buyouts), venture capital financing and proxy contests.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., in its $500 million offering of investment grade, senior unsecured notes.
- American Securities in a $500 million offering of senior 144A notes by Air Methods Corporation, to finance in part American Securities’ $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods.
- Kronos Acquisition Holdings Inc. (Canada) (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners), as the parent of KIK Custom Products, Inc. in its $390 million senior notes offering to finance in part its acquisition by Centerbridge, and KIK Custom Products, Inc. in $500 million of add-on senior secured notes offerings.
- Blackboard, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners LLC) in its $365 million senior notes offering, and in its $378 million offering to exchange second lien senior secured notes for any and all senior notes of an earlier maturity.
- Ad Hoc Holders of 2019 Notes Issued by Cobalt International Energy, in Cobalt’s $617 million exchange of convertible senior notes for new second lien senior secured notes and common stock and its $500 million issuance of new first lien senior secured notes.
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in a $625 million senior secured 144A offering in connection with the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors).
- OMERS Private Equity in a $405 million offering of senior notes to finance its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
Ms. Emmel graduated from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1998, magna cum laude, where she was an articles editor for the Southern Methodist University Law Review. Prior to law school, Ms. Emmel was a Certified Public Accountant in the State of California.
- New York State
- UC Santa Barbara (B.A., 1992)
- Southern Methodist Univ Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1998)
- San Jose State University (M.S.T., 1998)
Rate : $$$