Heather M. Fields’s versatile background and breadth of practice allows her to provide valuable insights and services to clients throughout all stages of the litigation process. With an emphasis in large exposure product liability litigation, Heather utilizes creative strategies to efficiently and effectively defend national and international clients.
Heather’s recent litigation experience includes defending catastrophic injury product liability claims for some of the most well-known motor vehicle, component part, industrial equipment and power tool manufacturers in the country.
A thorough and proactive tactician, Heather has also litigated a variety of premises liability claims, contract disputes, commercial litigation, and health care defense matters for regional, national and international clients.
She has represented clients in litigation before Virginia trial and appellate courts and various federal jurisdictions, and is admitted to practice in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, US District Court for the Western District of Virginia, and the US Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
In addition to her litigation experience, Heather excels in mediation, settlement and alternative dispute resolution and has navigated clients to resolutions in pre-litigation, litigation and post-litigation negotiations.
Heather also enjoys putting her knowledge and talent to use representing pro bono clients in a variety of legal matters. This work includes representing pro se parties in mandatory mediation sessions in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, through a pilot program initiated by several EDVA judges.
- Represents multiple Fortune 500 companies in product and general liability litigation in jurisdictions throughout the United States.
- Served as first- and second-chair counsel at trials and hearings in state and federal courts.
- Extensive experience in mediation, settlement and alternative dispute resolution of high value litigation.
- Drafted and argued dispositive motions, including motions to dismiss, demurrers, motions for summary judgment, as well as a variety of discovery and pretrial motions and pleadings.
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Western District of Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Richmond Bar Association
Rate : $$$$