Heather K.P. Fincher advises domestic and foreign-based multinational clients on a variety of federal and international tax matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and internal restructurings.
Additionally, she represents clients in connection with tax controversies and tax treaty competent authority proceedings, and before the Internal Revenue Service.
An initial member of Baker Hostetler’s Blockchain Technologies and Digital Currencies team, Heather also helps taxpayers navigate a variety of legal and regulatory tax issues presented by blockchain technology and virtual currencies.
- Advised a global private equity firm in connection with its international investment advisory structure, permanent establishment issues and transfer pricing strategy.
- Advised blockchain startup companies regarding formation and tax compliance issues.
- Represented multinational company in tax treaty competent authority proceedings involving foreign tax adjustments.
- Advised S corporations with respect to successful filing of private letter ruling requests, formation of qualified subchapter S subsidiaries and appropriate elections for shareholder trusts.
- American Bar Association: Section of Taxation
- Federal Bar Association: Section on Taxation
- DC Bar Association: Taxation Community
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2016
- M.A., Intercultural Studies, Wheaton College, 2003
- M.S., Taxation, Bentley University, 2012
- B.A., Theology, Wheaton College, 2000
Rate : $$$