Heather Habes focuses her practice on complex insurance recovery for policyholders under a variety of policies, including directors and officers liability, commercial general liability, professional liability, entertainment, property, and employment practices.
Working closely with in-house counsel and senior executives, Ms. Habes maximizes insurance protection and recovery in both informal negotiations and litigation against insurers. She has assisted in recovering millions of dollars of insurance coverage for clients in a wide range of industries.
Ms. Habes is an active member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee, where she speaks regularly at national conferences on insurance coverage issues.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Washington, B.A., 2008
Bar Admissions : California
Representative Matters :
- Represented property owner in lawsuit against insurer seeking coverage for losses resulting from water intrusion at apartment complex.
- Negotiated substantial increase in rates for defense counsel in connection with investigation by government agency.
- Represented surety bond company in litigation against insurer seeking coverage for losses resulting from employee fraud.
- Litigated property damage losses resulting from hail storm at Texas warehouse.
Memberships and Affiliations :
- ABA Section of Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee , Annual Conference Vice Chair (2017-2018)
- Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice, Leadership Council (2017-2018)
Rate : $$$