Heather Emmel is a partner in the Firm’s Capital Markets practice in New York. Ms. Emmel primarily represents private equity and corporate clients globally in debt offerings (including high-yield debt, mezzanine debt and investment grade debt), equity offerings and other capital markets transactions in a variety of industries.
In addition, Ms. Emmel has represented underwriters in a variety of securities offerings and has represented bidders, target companies and private equity funds in connection with public and private mergers, acquisitions and dispositions in both a private sale and auction context (including leveraged buyouts), venture capital financing and proxy contests.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., in its $500 million offering of investment grade, senior unsecured notes.
- Ad Hoc Holders of 2019 Notes Issued by Cobalt International Energy, in Cobalt’s $617 million exchange of convertible senior notes for new second lien senior secured notes and common stock and its $500 million issuance of new first lien senior secured notes.
- OMERS Private Equity in a $405 million offering of senior notes to finance its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its initial public offering.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $330 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of The Hillman Group
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in a $700 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Party City.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $275 million senior secured notes offering to finance its acquisition of Milacron.
- General Growth Properties (n/k/a GGP, Inc.) in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in chapter 11.
- UC Santa Barbara (B.A., 1992)
- Southern Methodist Univ Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1998)
- San Jose State University (M.S.T., 1998)
Admissions : New York State
Rate : $$$$