Heather Colburn practices intellectual property law. She has experience prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications in many technology areas including a broad range of software applications, electrical and mechanical devices, including medical devices used to treat and diagnose human patients, business methods, mobile applications, telecommunications, and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS devices).
She prepares patentability and freedom-to-operate opinions and has litigation experience with cases involving patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and copyright infringement.
Heather’s experience includes graduate coursework in MEMS, micro and nanofabrication, self-assembly of nanoscale objects and devices, signal processing, including image analysis and processing, computer and wireless networking, information theory, and machine learning.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State of Iowa E.I.T.
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 2006
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2001, summa cum laude
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Iowa, 1994
Rate : $$$