Heather L. Peckham’s practice focuses on federal and state appellate and complex business litigation matters. Her litigation experience includes contract and business tort disputes, Sherman Act and state antitrust claims, and common law trademark and Lanham Act claims.
Ms. Peckham’s practice also includes domestic and international arbitration and complex class actions. She is is a Certified Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Before joining Akin Gump, Ms. Peckham served as a briefing attorney for Chief Justice Wallace Jefferson and Justice Alberto Gonzales of the Texas Supreme Court from 2000-2001. She was the Tulsa, Oklahoma, area Clean Cities Coordinator (an air quality and clean fuels program) before attending law school.
Ms. Peckham received her B.S. cum laude in environmental policy in 1995 from the University of Tulsa and her M.S. in environmental science in 1997 from Oklahoma State University. She received her J.D. cum laude in 2000 from the Southern Methodist University School of Law, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and the SMU Law Review, and was co-editor of the SMU Corporate Counsel Symposium.
Ms. Peckham’s engagements include representing:
- an international oil and gas pipe company and its subsidiaries in various contract and construction matters, as well as in internal investigations
- a Canadian oil and gas exploration company before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in a challenge to a $25 million contract, fraud and tortious interference judgment for our client; 5th Circuit affirmed the judgment
- an international oil and gas pipe and connection manufacturer in a challenge to a merger by the U.S. Department of Justice
- a health services provider before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit in a False Claims Act suit; Court affirmed judgment for our clien
- a manufacturer of premium connections for the oil and gas industry in a suit against multiple industry defendants involving technologically enhanced naturally cccurring radioactive material exposure claims; secured dismissal of our client from suit
- a major European holding company specializing in oil and gas tubing in litigation involving claims of more than $1 billion in damages for alleged commercial tort and contract violations; summary judgment was granted for our client on all counts.
- a leading Texas energy company in multiple state and federal multidistrict litigation putative antitrust class actions
- a leading asset management and financial planning firm in a putative class action and Fair Labor Standards Act collective action; obtained summary judgment for our client
Ms. Peckham’s community, civic and charitable activities include:
- member, State Bar of Texas, the 5th Circuit Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, and its Appellate and Business Litigation sections
- former board member, Infant and Toddler Intervention Program of North Texas (now known as ReadyStart!), a nonprofit organization that provides therapy services to babies and toddlers with developmental delays
- former contributing editor, Dallas Federal Casenotes.
- member, Texas Supreme Court Historical Society
- member, Texas Pro Bono College
- named a Texas Super Lawyer “Rising Star” (2005-2007).
- J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, cum laude, 2000
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, 1997
- B.S., University of Tulsa, cum laude, 1995
- Texas Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$