Heather L. Preston focuses her practice on federal tax matters involving joint ventures, fund formation, and mergers and acquisitions. She has significant experience representing real estate investment trusts (REITs), relating to their formation, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Preston also advises and counsels clients on tax issues associated with executive deferred compensation plans for both taxable and tax exempt entities and executive incentive and stock based compensation plans. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Preston was a partner on the tax practice team of an East Coast law firm in its Atlanta, Georgia office.
Ms. Preston was recognized as a Georgia “Rising Star” in 2010 by Super Lawyers magazine. She was also named a 2007 and 2008 “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend magazine.
- Represent project developers and investors in connection with federal and state tax equity investments.
- Represented CRH plc, the international building materials group, in its pending acquisition of Ash Grove Cement Company, a leading U.S. cement manufacturer for $3.5 billion.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D. (2002) summa cum laude
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., Accounting (1995)
- Not admitted in California
- Georgia (2004)
Rate : $$$