Heather E. Takahashi is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Ms. Takahashi has an active intellectual property practice, focused primarily on patent litigation. She has handled the following representative matters:
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals in obtaining:
- a favorable settlement of patent infringement litigation against three generic drug makers with respect to Takeda’s gout medication Colcrys.
- a judgment of patent infringement and validity against three generic companies seeking to market a generic version of Takeda’s acid reflux medication Dexilant.
- AbbVie in patent infringement and antitrust actions involving various pharmaceutical products.
- The Boeing Co. in its successful defense against $7 billion breach of contract, fraud and tortious interference claims brought by ICO Global Communications Holdings related to construction and launch of 12 satellites for a telecommunications network.
- Rambus in patent infringement actions relating to DRAM technology.
Ms. Takahashi has robust experience in pre-litigation, litigation and trial, both for Hatch-Waxman and traditional biopharmaceutical patent litigation. Ms. Takahashi received her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she served as executive essay and review editor for the Columbia Law Review.
She joined the firm after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Holwell of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Prior to law school, she received a master’s degree in molecular biology from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Past experience includes positions at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Center for Weight Regulation at Oregon Health & Science University and a federal HIV/AIDS clinical trials database.
Ms. Takahashi is a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Bar Association, and she recently received the 2015 Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award from the Los Angeles chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2006); executive essay and review editor, Columbia Law Review; James Kent Scholar; Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (M.A., 1997)
- Brigham Young University (B.S., cum laude, 1991) Trustees Scholarship; Undergraduate Research Award
Bar Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$