Heather Welch Arbogast is a member of the firm’s mergers & acquisitions, energy and private equity practice group. Her practice focuses primarily in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and energy transactions. She advises clients on a broad range of corporate governance issues, including complex commercial contracts, as well as on a variety of energy, regulatory and compliance matters.
Following law school, Heather was a judicial clerk for the Honorable Kathryn Grill Graeff of the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland. While earning her law degree from the University of Baltimore School of Law, she was a the Editor in Chief of the University of Baltimore Law Review, member of the National Moot Court team, chair of the Moot Court Board, and received the law faculty graduation award.
As an undergraduate at the University of Maryland, Heather received a Behavioral and Social Sciences CIVICUS Citation and she studied abroad at the University of Alicante. While attending the University of Maryland, Heather was a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
- Representation of a North American retailer of energy and energy services and its parent company in their $60 million acquisition of an Israel-based energy management firm.
- Representation of an issuer in equity financings aggregating several billion in the past five years.
- Representation of a UK-based entity in the acquisition of a U.S.-based data management solution with offices in India and Ukraine.
- Representation of one of the largest producers and transporters of energy in the U.S. in its acquisition of the 80MW solar farm from a clean energy company.
- Representation of a clinical-stage biotechnology company in the sale of its equity stake in a Russia-based biotechnology company to a Russian investor.
- Representation of a specialized provider of transaction tax automation services and solutions in its software licensing agreements.
- Significant experience in connection with the acquisition and disposition of customer books to and from retail energy suppliers.
- Regularly advise and structure ancillary service offerings for retail energy companies to market and sell to both residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, JD, magna cum laude, Editor in Chief, University of Baltimore Law Review, 2010
- University of Maryland, BA, Government and Politics, Phi Beta Kappa, 2007
Admissions : Maryland
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Adjunct Board Member, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, 2011-2015
- Co-chair and Executive Leadership member, Go Red for Women Open your Heart Committee
- Member, Energy and Natural Resources Committee, Greater Baltimore Committee
Rate : $$$$