Heaven C. Chee is a member of Foley Gardere’s litigation practice group in Houston, where she focuses her practice on energy and health care dispute resolution. Heaven’s practice includes representation before traditional state and federal courts, as well as regulatory and arbitral forums.
She has significant experience representing clients in a variety of high-stakes commercial matters, including oil and gas, maritime, antitrust, intellectual property, and whistleblower disputes.
Prior to entering private practice, Heaven served as the law clerk for Judge George C. Hanks, Jr. of the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Texas. Since then, she has handled matters through every stage of resolution, from pre-suit counseling to successful rulings at trial and on appeal.
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, VA – J.D., May 2013
- Dean’s Scholarship
- The Virginia Journal of Social Policy & The Law – Editorial Board
- Rice University, Houston, TX – B.A., Philosophy, May 2010, Cum Laude
- Konstantin Kolenda Fellowship
- Texas (all state courts)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Publications and Affiliations :
- The Federal Lawyer – Editorial Board (2019 – 2021)
- The Houston Lawyer – Editorial Board (2014 – 2017)
- Asian American Bar Association of Houston:
- Gala Committee Co-Chair (2015 – 2016);
- Nominations Committee Co-Chair (2016 – 2017);
- Secretary (2017 – 2018)
- Community Service & Pro Bono Committee Co-Chair (2018 – 2019)
- “Legal Trends: Upcoming Changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure,” The Houston Lawyer, November/December 2015 Issue
Rate : $$$$