Heidi W. Abbott is well versed in civic engagement, government relations and external affairs. She represents business and industry at the local, state and federal levels on a variety of legislative matters, including the passage of legislation regarding insurance, housing policy, taxation, privacy, technology, health care, environmental, agriculture and forestry issues.
Her work includes drafting legislation, testifying before legislative committees and subcommittees, lobbying, monitoring legislation, the implementation of legislative strategies, and the administration of clients’ political action committees and campaign contributions, and providing advice and strategy for public officials and political candidates.
- Represents clients around the country on state government affairs compliance matters including ethics, lobbying and campaign finance laws.
- Represents clients in building and executing community development and civic engagement programs such as Next Up RVA, which provides a free, coordinated system of after school programs for Richmond Public Schools.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, 1991
- MA, University of Virginia, 1988
- BA, Hamilton College, 1984
- Member, Governor Ralph Northam’s Transition Team
- Member, Mayor Levar Stoney’s Inaugural Committee
- Chairman, Board for Juvenile Justice
- Chairman Emeritus, Higher Achievement Richmond Advisory Board
- Member, Board of Commissioners, City of Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Member, Maggie L. Walker Initiative Citizens Advisory Board
- Member, Board of Directors, NextUp RVA
- Chairman, Advisory Committee, NextUp RVA
- Member, Board of Directors, Smart Beginnings Greater Richmond
- Member, Pro Bono Committee, Hunton & Williams
- Member, Board of Directors, United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg, 2014-2017
- Member, Board of Directors, Richmond Police Foundation (Chairman, 2009-2014)
- Member, Mayor-elect Dwight C. Jones’ Public Safety Transition Committee, 2008LEAD Virginia Class of 2008
- Board of Directors, Sports Backers, 2006-2009
- Vice-Chairman, Virginia College Building Authority, 2006-2008
- Chairman, Virginia Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section, 2003-2004
- Leadership Metro Richmond Class of 2003
- Co-founder, Hunton & Williams, Women’s Networking Forum
- Board Member, Coalition for A Greater Richmond
- Pro Bono Representation of Maymont Foundation
Rate : $$$