Heidi M. Furlong is a partner and business lawyer at Foley & Lardner LLP. Ms. Furlong focuses her practice on the representation of financial institutions and borrowers in sophisticated financing transactions, loan workouts and bankruptcies. Ms. Furlong is a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions Practice.
Ms. Furlong also has experience with derivative transactions, securitizations, public finance transactions, and federal and state regulation of a broad range of consumer finance matters.
Ms. Furlong speaks regularly on finance-related topics. Topics have included the Wisconsin wage claim statute, Article 9 for the Bankruptcy Lawyer, loan workouts, and subordination agreements and other intercreditor arrangements.
Ms. Furlong is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law (J.D. 2001) and the University of Iowa (B.A. 1998, with high distinction and honors in political science).
Representative Matters :
- Assisted Wing Capital Group, LLC, a Milwaukee-based private equity firm, in structuring the acquisition by Sani-Matic Holdings, LLC of all of the outstanding stock of Sani-Matic Systems Holdings, Inc., a Wisconsin-based corporation that owns all of the outstanding stock of Sani-Matic, Inc. Sani-Matic, Inc. specifies, designs, and manufactures sanitary process cleaning equipment including Clean-in-Place (CIP) Systems, Clean-Out of-Place (COP) Immersion Parts Washers, Automated Product Carrier Washers (Vat, Tunnel, Rack, Stick), Cabinet Washers, and related components.
- Consideration for the transaction involved a combination of cash and rollover equity. Foley also assisted the sellers (with buyer as guarantor) in securing traditional senior debt financing to facilitate the stock purchase, successfully negotiating all financing documents. In addition to negotiating and drafting the purchase agreement, Foley attorneys negotiated and drafted employment agreements and incentive unit agreements with key seller employees to ensure the acquired business assets would continue to be effectively managed following closing.
- The deal marks Foley’s first representation of Wing Capital Group in an acquisition. Foley successfully completed the acquisition and financing documents within a 21-day timeframe in order to meet the parties’ year-end closing goal.
- Retained to represent creditor and asset purchaser in a Chapter 11 case in the Eastern District of Wisconsin. Assisted the client in the acquisition of secured indebtedness of debtor, and purchase of all assets of debtor by credit bid in Section 363 sale.
- Foley represented a supplier that was the largest creditor of a debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- The client was interested in acquiring its financially troubled customer, so the Foley team successfully helped the client buy the debtor’s secured debt and consummate a credit bid acquisition of all the debtor’s assets.
- Represented the seller in carve-out sale of heavy duty aftermarket automotive division of Vista Pro Automotive.
- Represented GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing de México, S.A. de C.V.and GETRAG Americas GmbH in the preparation and negotiation of $60 million term and revolving credit facilities in the United States and Mexico with Bank of America, N.A.
Rate : $$$$