Heidi H. Jeffery is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. Heidi has experience in general municipal, private activity bond, housing, student loan, health care, and senior living finance.
In such transactions, she has served as bond counsel and counsel to developers, underwriters, credit enhancers, issuers, and borrowers. Heidi is a member and former vice chair of the firm’s Senior Living Team.
She is also a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions, Health Care Finance, and Public Finance Practices and the Health Care Industry Team.
Heidi also frequently represents broker-dealers in connection with municipal securities compliance matters. In addition, Ms. Jeffery also has experience representing banks in general lending transactions, including both secured and unsecured commercial loans.
Representative Experience :
- Bond Counsel to a county health facilities authority in connection with the refunding of outstanding bonds and issuance of $215 million of health care revenue bonds to finance a loan to a hospital system to finance the acquisition, construction and equipping of a new hospital campus.
- Bond Counsel to the State of Illinois in connection with its issuance of $246 million of general obligation bonds to finance Medicaid payments.
- Co-Underwriter’s Counsel on The Bond Buyer’s 2012 Deal of the Year: Michigan Finance Authority $2.9 billion of Unemployment Obligation Assessment Revenue Bonds. The bonds were issued under recently adopted legislation utilizing an innovative structure to obtain AAA ratings from three major rating services.
- Co-Underwriter’s Counsel on the Chicago Park District’s 2011 bond financing.
- Underwriter’s Counsel in connection with an Illinois private collage issuance of revenue bonds, including both tax-exempt bonds and taxable bonds.
- Borrower’s Counsel for a national health care system in the issuance of over $740 million of debt in multiple series. Proceeds of the bonds were used, in part, to refinance and restructure the existing debt of a medical center and structured to preserve “acquisition financing” treatment under IRS treasury regulations.
Heidi received her law degree, with distinction, from the University of Iowa College of Law in 1996, where she was a managing editor of the Iowa Law Review. She received her bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University in 1993.
Admissions and Professional Memberships :
Heidi also is a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers, the American Health Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association. Heidi is admitted to practice in Illinois and Michigan.
Heidi is active in civic and industry organizations. She is a former member of the board of directors of Girls in the Game, the President’s Council of Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry and the board of directors of Women in Public Finance.
Rate : $$$