Heidi Hartman, member, concentrates her practice in the areas of employment law, labor law and related litigation. She has represented large and small employers in a variety of industries — including automotive, education, manufacturing and health care — in a wide assortment of employment matters and disputes.
Ms. Hartman counsels employers to resolve situations with their employees and regularly defends employers in litigation if charges are filed in administrative agencies, such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Ohio Civil Rights Commission (OCRC) or National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
- University of Toledo College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2001
- University of Toledo, B.A. cum laude, 1998
- Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Courts:
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 2002
- Regularly defends employers in complex employment litigation before both state and federal courts.
- Advises clients in wage and hour matters and defends class as well as collective actions filed under FLSA and state law.
- Assists employers in developing and drafting effective and legally compliant employee handbooks and other policies.
- Handles internal investigations regarding allegations of discrimination, harassment and violations of company policies, as both an investigator and/or a legal advisor.
- Order of the Coif
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Toledo (associate board of trustees member)
- Findlay Area Human Resources Association (board member)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Rate : $$$$