Helen Mantel advises clients on complex cross-border transactions and counsels US-based companies across a variety of industries on the management of their overseas operations. Prior to joining the Chicago office, Ms. Mantel worked in the Firm’s London and Moscow offices. Ms. Mantel is Chambers ranked.
Ms. Mantel focuses on complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, with a particular emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, outbound acquisitions by US-based clients, and global corporate reorganizations.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D.) (1999)
- Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada (B.A. Honors) (1995)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2000)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Council on Foreign Relations
- American Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Commercial products manufacturer (USD5 billion, 30-country divestiture)
- Industrial manufacturer (USD1.5 billion, 15-country divestiture)
- Consulting and information services company (20-country post-merger integration)
- Food and beverage company (USD35 million, domestic joint venture)
Rate : $$$