Helen Rogers’s practice focuses on estate and wealth transfer tax planning for high net worth individuals and their families. Helen specializes in sophisticated trust, estate, and wealth transfer planning for closely held business owners, executives, and other high net worth individuals.
She advises clients on developing and administering complex asset management structures involving trusts, corporate entities, and private foundations. Helen also has experience in partnership taxation and has advised clients on the formation and administration of a variety of family partnerships and limited liability companies.
Helen is a frequent speaker at the Estate and Gift Taxes Committee of the American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, and has contributed to published comments on proposed Treasury Regulations.
Prior to joining Holland & Hart, Helen served as an appellate law clerk for the Honorable Richard L. Gabriel of the Colorado Court of Appeals, and as a law clerk at Davis Polk & Wardwell and the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Massachusetts.
- Gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Irrevocable trusts, including intentionally defective irrevocable trusts (IDITs), grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs), and irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILITs)
- Values-based trusts
- Wills and revocable trusts
- Estate and trust administration
- Limited liability companies and family partnerships
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2011
- Princeton University, A.B., 2007
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation and Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Counsel, Member
Rate : $$$