Helene J. Wasserman has spent her entire career practicing exclusively in the area of labor and employment law. She appears before state and federal courts and administrative agencies and handles litigation matters, including trial practice, arbitration and mediation. She has specific experience with claims involving : The Americans with Disabilities Act, The Fair Employment and Housing Act, The Family and Medical Leave Act.
In addition, she conducts in-house training on a wide array of topics. An avid podcaster and the host of the EmployerHelpCast, which focuses on topics of interest to employers, Helene is frequently featured and quoted in various publications on subjects ranging from all aspects of employment law to the use of technology in the legal profession.
She also presents on various employment law-related topics for professional associations and delivers numerous in-house presentations for clients. Helene often works with clients and small businesses in the hospitality, staffing, construction and transportation industries.
Helene started her career in employment law in Littler Mendelson’s San Francisco office. She also spent time working at a small Los Angeles employment law boutique and a national employment law firm before returning to Littler in 2008. She is currently developing the Littler LA Associate Mentorship program.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1987
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Litigation Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Member, Conference of California Bar Associations
- Secretary, Conference of California Bar Associations
- Former Chair, Delegation from the Los Angeles County Bar Association
Rate : $$$