Henry Lebowitz is a corporate partner and a member of the Corporate Intellectual Property Group. His practice focuses on leading the IP and technology aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings, capital markets and other corporate transactions. Mr. Lebowitz has advised companies on complex transactions, litigation, portfolio development and other IP matters in an array of industries.
He also regularly assists clients in evaluating patents, trademarks and other intellectual property, developing effective IP portfolios, assessing the merits of IP-related litigation and other disputes and implementing strategies to avoid or favorably resolve such disputes. He is recognized by The Legal 500 in Technology: Transactions and M&A – Large Deals ($1 bn+).
Mr. Lebowitz is a lecturer at Columbia University School of Law, where he has co-taught the advanced patent law seminar since 1997. Since 2012, he also has taught an IP legal practice workshop at the law school.
Prior to joining Debevoise, Mr. Lebowitz was a partner at a leading international law firm, where he headed the firm’s technology transactions practice. Previously, he served as an IP litigator at a New York City-based boutique law firm, where he became a partner in 2002. From 1995 to 1996, he served as a law clerk to the Hon.
Raymond C. Clevenger III of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. From 1990 to 1992, he worked as a patent examiner in the United States Patent and Trademark Office, examining patent applications in the fields of digital error correction, computer reliability and business methods and systems.
Mr. Lebowitz joined Debevoise in 2017. He earned his J.D. in 1995 from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a James Kent Scholar, the recipient of the Carroll G. Harper Prize in Intellectual Property and a member of the Law Review. He received a B.S. from Columbia University in 1989.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of Sellbrite, a management platform that enables brands & retailers to list and sell products effortlessly across multiple online sales channels and gain centralized control over inventory and orders.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- NCI Building Systems in its unit purchase agreement with Environmental Materials, LLC.
- KeyBank in its acquisition of Laurel Road’s affinity-focused digital lending business.
Quarton International in its sale to Cowen.
- Dealer Tire in a significant investment by Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Zarbee’s Naturals, a leader in naturally-based healthcare products.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its joint investment with Cardinal Health in naviHealth, the largest manager of post-acute benefits for health plans and a leading value-based care partner to health systems and providers.
- Dealer Tire in its significant investment in SimpleTire.
- Pitney Bowes in the sale of its global production mail business to Platinum Equity.
- SunSource, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Ryan Herco Flow Solutions, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management in its acquisition of Manna Pro, a leading producer of nutritional supplements and other animal products, from The Carlyle Group.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic minority investment in DiscoverOrg, the leading global sales and marketing intelligence platform.
- Dealer Tire in the patent and intellectual property aspects of its investment in Tyrata, a tire sensor and data management company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
- Johnson & Johnson in its global co-development and commercialization agreement with Theravance Biopharma, relating to various compounds being developed for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
- Columbia Law School, 1995, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1989, B.S.
- New York
Rate : $$$$