Henry H. Raattama is a tax lawyer who focuses on nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions, individuals, and families in complex tax, estate, and business planning matters. Chambers USA describes Hank as “a leading nonprofit expert” and notes his “tremendous reputation.”
Hank is a frequent lecturer and author on tax matters and has been an adjunct professor in the Tax Master’s Program at the University of Miami College of Law. He is a member of the American College of Tax Counsel and The Florida Bar, where he is a past chair of its Tax Section and Tax Certification Committee.
Active in the bar and community, Hank is a recipient of the Gerald T. Hart Outstanding Florida Tax Attorney, the James W. McLamore Miami-Dade County Volunteer of the Year Award, and Outstanding Professional Advisor, Miami-Dade County, Florida.
He is an active member of the nonprofit community, having counseled many nonprofit organizations over the years and is involved with many charitable programs. He founded, and is currently a co-chair, of PhilanthropyMiami, whose participants include most of the nonprofit community in Miami Dade County.
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1972
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1967
- B.S., University of Florida, 1965
- B.A., University of Florida, 1965
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
- U.S. Tax Court
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section, Past Chairperson, 1982-1983
- American College of Tax Counsel, Fellow
Rate : $$$$