Mr. Herbert R. Fineburg is recognized as one of Philadelphia’s most respected business lawyers whose substantial knowledge of tax law provides clients with strategic and cost-saving benefits in connection with commercial transactions, taxation and wills, trusts and estates matters.
Known for his ability to resolve complicated matters effectively, Mr. Fineburg has assisted businesses and individuals with the organization of their finances, business and real estate affairs, and the structure of their assets (i.e., in LLCs, partnerships, corporations, trusts or joint ownership).
He has substantial expertise in the preparation of buy-sell agreements for co-owners who are family members or unrelated business partners and has handled the resolution of shareholder and partner disputes and buy-outs. In addition, to working on bank financings, business contracts and employment matters for his business clients, Mr. Fineburg also provides advice on business acquisitions and sales.
Mr. Fineburg, who began his law career as a commercial litigator and bankruptcy lawyer, frequently provides litigation counsel and assistance to a wide range of firm clients. His articles have appeared in the Pennsylvania CPA Journal, the Journal of S Corporation Taxation and other publications.
A graduate of Washington University in St. Louis, Mr. Fineburg received his law degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Laws in Taxation (LL.M) from the New York University School of Law, Graduate Division.
Mr. Fineburg is the Managing Shareholder of the Philadelphia office and is also a member of the Board of Directors at Offit Kurman.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation (1982)
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D. (1976)
- Staff Member, The Urban Lawyer, a law review journal on local government law published by The American Bar Association
- Washington University, The Olin School of Business, B.S. in Business Administration (1972)
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- Philadelphia Bar Association, member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, member
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association, member
- American Bar Association, member, Section on Taxation and Real Property & Probate Law
- Board of Directors for Exit Planning Exchange (XPX) Philadelphia
Rate : $$$$