Hirsh M. Ament is a partner in Venable’s Corporate Group. His practice focuses on a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, securities transactions, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
He has represented issuers in multiple stock and debt offerings, including initial public offerings, and other financial transactions. Hirsh also represents investment companies incorporated in Maryland in matters of Maryland corporate law unique to investment companies, including takeover defenses and shareholder litigation.
- Represented special committees of the boards of directors of several publicly traded companies in their consideration and negotiation of strategic alternatives
- Represented special litigation committee of the board of directors of a New York Stock Exchange-listed company in the investigation of derivative claims
- Represented New York Stock Exchange-listed REITs in restructuring management agreements with external asset managers
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange-listed company in connection with a proxy contest by an activist investor seeking board representations and financial concessions
- Maryland counsel to a REIT in connection with the comprehensive restructuring of its outstanding recourse debt obligations.
- J.D.magna cum laudeUniversity of Maryland School of Law, 2009
- B.A.summa cum laudeUniversity of Maryland, 2006
Bar Admissions : Maryland 2009
Professional Memberships and Activities :
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
Rate : $$$