Holland N. O’Neil is a skilled financial restructuring and reorganization partner, focusing primarily on corporate restructurings, with over 30 years of experience.
She is well-regarded in the bankruptcy bar among judges and financial and other advisors, and she is described by clients in Chambers USA as “a top-notch lawyer,” receiving praise for her courtroom presence and negotiating skills.
Holland practices not only in Texas, but in jurisdictions across the United States. She assists companies with complex bankruptcies, restructurings and workouts, acquisitions of distressed assets and bankruptcy litigation.
She and her team members have represented clients in all aspects of turnarounds and restructurings, as well as provided assistance with other corporate needs, in numerous industries, including:
- Electric cooperatives/utilities
- Equipment suppliers
- Oil and gas/energy
- Real estate
- Restaurants/food service
Holland’s clients include debtors in possession, creditors’ and equity holders’ committees, examiners, secured and unsecured creditors and trustees, and parties interested in acquiring assets from troubled companies.
Holland is a member of the firm’s Management Committee and was formerly the chair of Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP immediately prior to its merger with Foley.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, (1987)
- Editor-in-Chief, Texas Tech Law Review (1986, 1987)
- B.B.A., The University of Texas at Austin McCombs School of Business, (1983)
- Texas (1987)
- Texas State Courts (1987)
- Arizona State Courts (1990)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, State Bar of Arizona
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Member, Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
Rate : $$$