Holli V. Pryor-Baze is a trial lawyer with extensive experience in handling complex litigation, including commercial, software, personal injury, insurance, trade secret, and energy matters. Ms. Pryor-Baze previously served as Legal Litigation Counsel at a large international oil and gas company, where she managed national toxic tort litigation dockets and Medicare reporting and provided legal counsel to the chemicals business.
Ms. Pryor-Baze’s current practice focuses on complex commercial, software, health care, catastrophic personal injury, and toxic tort litigation in various state and federal courts and in arbitration.Ms. Pryor-Baze earned her B.A. with honors from Austin College in 1994 and her J.D. cumlaude in 1999 from the University of Houston, where she was articles editor of the Houston Law Review. She is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
- Her recent representations have included—
- trial defending a Texas ice-cream maker’s deceased son’s estate against claims made by the holder of a holographic will.
- an international agricultural manufacturer in litigation against Galveston County for failure to properly maintain and treat stores of wheat in its grain warehouse
- trial involving a “professional services” exclusion after the insured’s employee caused the death of a youth resident in the insured’s group home
- AAA arbitration defending a major oil service company in a $100 million contractual dispute
- dismissal of a Houston-based fumigation company based on economic loss doctrine, brought by an international purchaser of grain cargo for alleged damage to grain
- an oil and gas company in a multiple plaintiff personal injury lawsuit involving an alleged failure of a pressure control device
- summary judgment of a hospital in an antitrust matter in federal court
- summary judgment for high voltage contractor in catastrophic burn personal injury matter
- jury verdict for $29.8 million for Lufkin Industries, an oil and gas services company, against defendant International Business Machines Corporation for fraudulent inducement, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of contract in software implementation case
- a national waste and recycling company in claims against a software company for a failed revenue management system and implementation project
- trial obtaining recovery of indemnity payments and defense fees incurred in well blowout litigation
- a national logistics company in catastrophic personal injury lawsuit from a trucking accident involving alleged violations of federal motor carrier regulations
- an international chemical company in litigation brought by Houston-area school districts for damages related to the hazards and removal of lead-based paint
- trial defending a London-based insurance company in multimillion-dollar coverage litigation involving numerous policies with multiple insurers covering over 10 years of policy periods
- a Houston-based oil and gas company in litigation against an operating company for property damage arising out of a fire at a processing facility in Louisiana
- an international pharmaceutical company in a $1 billion arbitration against a drug development company for failing to use reasonable efforts in the development of cancer-fighting drugs
- various Gulf Coast employers in defense of personal injury lawsuits brought under the Jones Act, the Longshoreman’s Act and federal maritime law
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center,cum laude, 1999
- B.A., Austin College, cum laude, 1994
Rate : $$$