Hollie Washington counsels lenders on real estate finance transactions, including loan originations on single-lender, multi-lender and syndicated project loans, as well as loan modifications and note sales. She also represents lenders/servicers on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily loan matters.
Hollie represents lenders in a variety of real estate finance transactions involving residential developments and commercial, retail and industrial buildings. Her practice includes representation of qualified national lenders in connection with major Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and conduit lending projects that involve closing and servicing DUS loans, CME loans, conventional loans, multi-property pool transactions and affordable housing transactions.
While attending the University of California, Irvine School of Law, Hollie was an extern with the U.S. Small Business Administration and the IRS, Office of Chief Counsel. Additionally, she completed a full-time externship with the U.S. Treasury Department in Washington, D.C., where she focused on financial security policy initiatives.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Hollie was a Certified Financial Planner™ and advised nonprofit, educational and research institutions on matters related to proprietary employer-sponsored retirement plans as well as provided comprehensive financial solutions to individual clients.
In addition to her commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in Orange County’s legal community, Hollie serves on the firm’s Orange County Pro Bono Committee, where she manages the office’s representations with respect to pro bono agency adoptions of foster children.
Representative Matters :
- Represented a national bank in a $178.3 million refinance of a new multifamily project with an affordable housing component.
- Represented lenders on multiple Freddie Mac securitized assumptions and SBL deals.
- Represented lenders in multiple Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac multifamily servicing transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Chair, Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Young Lawyers Division, Orange County Bar Association (2019)
- Vice President, Thurgood Marshall Bar Association (2019)
- Co-Chair, Orange County Coalition for Diversity in the Law (2018)
- Treasurer, Orange County Coalition for Diversity in the Law (2017)
- Duke University Alumni Association
Professional Experience : Financial Consultant, TIAA, 2001-2013
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Duke University, B.S., 1998
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$