Hollis Salzman has extensive antitrust law experience and is nationally recognized by Chambers USA as one of the leading antitrust litigators in the country and by Benchmark Litigation as one of the top 250 women in litigation. Clients describe Ms. Salzman as an “exceptional lawyer” who has “vast knowledge of antitrust law.”
In recent years, Ms. Salzman’s exceptional advocacy was recognized by Chambers USA, The Lawdragon 500, Benchmark Plaintiff, The Legal 500, The National Law Journal and The Best Lawyers in America.
Ms. Salzman has also provided testimony regarding cartel enforcement before the Senate Committee on the Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights.
Ms. Salzman has particular depth of experience in prosecuting antitrust violations involving international cartels. She currently serves as court appointed Co-Lead Counsel in In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation, a private civil action that stems from one of the largest Department of Justice criminal investigations in United States history (over $1 billion in partial settlements with certain defendants to date).
Her other many accomplishments in this area include In re Air Cargo Shipping Services Antitrust Litigation (over $1.2 billion in settlements), In re Lorazepam & Clorazepate Antitrust Litigation ($147 million settlement), In re Buspirone Antitrust Litigation ($90 million settlement), and In re Puerto Rican Cabotage Antitrust Litigation($52 million settlement).
Ms. Salzman serves at the highest levels of numerous national and local antitrust bar associations. She is an appointed Co-Chair of the American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law’s Global Private Litigation Committee, Advisory Board Member of the American Antitrust Institute, and Executive Committee Member and Secretary of the New York State Bar Association’s Antitrust Law Section. She also provides pro bono representation to indigent and working-poor women in matrimonial and family law matters.
- Nova University School of Law, J.D. (1992)
- Boston University, B.A. in Economics (1987)
- District of Columbia; Florida; New Jersey; New York; U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida; and U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association Antitrust Law Section, Executive Committee Member and Secretary
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law’s Global Private Litigation Committee Co-Chair
- New York Women’s Antitrust Bar Association Co-Chair
- American Antitrust Institute, Advisory Board Member
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- President of the Committee to Support Antitrust Laws (“COSAL”)
Rate : $$$$