Holmes J. Hawkins has over 25 years of experience as a trial lawyer representing clients in intellectual property and technology-related lawsuits. Holmes represents defense contractors, computer hardware and software providers, medical device manufacturers and other heath-care companies, energy providers, financial service companies and universities in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and licensing disputes in federal and state courts throughout the U.S. and before the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Holmes has a background in elecrical enginnering and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, where he represents clients in adversarial inter partes reviews, post-grant reviews and patent reexamination proceedings as an alternative to, or in parallel with, district court litigation.
In addition, Holmes regularly counsels clients on intellectual property transactional issues, including patent protection and enforcement, trademark portfolio management, and negotiating IP and technology licensing agreements.
Mr. Hawkins regularly serves as a Visiting Professor at Georgia Tech, where he teaches public policy courses relating to intellectual property issues to undergraduate and graduate students. He is currently a member of the Advisory Board of Georgia Tech’s School of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- J.D., University of Georgia
- B.E.E., Georgia Institute of Technology
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Ameircan Health Lawyers Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association.
- Atlanta and American Bar Associations
- PTAB Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia (Member, Intellectual Property Section)
Rate : $$$$