Hoorya R. Ahmad is an attorney in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. Ms. Ahmad has significant litigation, investigations and trial experience gained in the public and private sector. She represents employers in a broad range of employment law matters before state and federal administrative agencies and courts across the country.
Ms. Ahmad has experience defending matters arising under various constitutional provisions, federal and state employment discrimination statutes, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act (race, religion, sex, and national origin claims), sexual harassment and hostile work environment claims, the ADA, the ADEA, FMLA, whistleblower claims, and retaliation claims. She has significant experience defending single-plaintiff litigation and has obtained several victories both at the motion to dismiss and summary judgment stage.
Having worked in government and in private practice, Ms. Ahmad brings a unique perspective to the delivery of legal services to her clients. As a former New York State prosecutor, she gained experience conducting investigations, evidentiary hearings, and jury and bench trials.
She also has experience in white collar criminal investigations involving financial frauds. Ms. Ahmad continued her dedication and commitment to public service and for a few years, defended the City of Chicago in employment litigation disputes in state and federal court.
Ms. Ahmad served as a judicial intern in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, and as an intern for former Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. She is fluent in multiple languages (Urdu, Punjabi, and Hindi) and has knowledge of Spanish.
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law (2006)
- Dean’s List; Moot Court Honor Society Senior Bar; Staff Member, New York Litigator Law Journal; New York City Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Recipient; Ronald H. Brown Center for Civil Rights and Economic Development; Labor & Employment Law Society; Trial Advocacy
- B.A. in History and Political Science, State University of New York at Stony Brook, magna cum laude (2002)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Chicago Bar Association (Judicial Evaluation Committee; Labor & Employment Law Committee)
Rate : $$$