Houtan Khalili Esfahani brings together a unique blend of trial experience and technical expertise that clients demand when faced with high-stakes litigations. He has more than 20 years of patent litigation and trial experience before U.S. district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). He is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Houtan focuses his practice on litigation and client counseling and has served on the firm’s management committee. He has been recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. for contentious patent licensing work.
Houtan has led high-profile patent litigations and trials before US district courts and the ITC involving memory devices and processors, smartphones, and a wide variety of user interface and wireless communication technologies related to consumer and industrial electronics.
Before joining Finnegan, Houtan worked for almost a decade as an engineer in the telecommunications industry. Drawing on his hands-on industry experience, he brings together a unique combination of legal and technical talent that gives clients an upper hand in high-stakes patent litigations. Houtan regularly teaches courses on patent law tailored to the electrical and computer fields.
- Rutgers University School of Law J.D., 1994
- Columbia University M.S., Electrical Engineering, with honors, 1987
- Columbia University B.S., Electrical Engineering, with honors, 1986
- District of Columbia
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Eta Kappa Nu (HKN)
- Tau Beta Pi
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$