Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Real Estate Law and in Condominium and Planned Development Law, Howard Allen Cohen assists clients as an advisor in their transactions and as a litigator in the courtroom. Howard has spent more than three decades in private practice, focusing on commercial real estate with an emphasis on development, acquisitions and sales, leasing and mortgage lending and other financial matters.
Howard assists clients in all aspects of commercial and residential transactions, including leasing, preparation of condominium and other planned development project and offering documents, title insurance, tax-deferred exchanges and title matters. He also represents parties in real property litigation, including access, easement and quiet title disputes. His practice includes various aspects of corporate and business law, including commercial litigation.
Howard advises real estate owners, investors, developers, landlords, tenants and individual clients – and represents their interests as a litigator – in the following areas:
- Acquisition and sale of residential and commercial properties
- Mortgage financing by institutional lenders, including acquisition, development, construction and permanent loans
- Lease agreements for office, restaurant and retail spaces
- Preparation of condominium association documents, agreements and restrictive covenants
- Development of planned unit developments and other forms of cluster housing
- Preparation of license and lease agreements for wireless and other telecommunication installations
- Construction contracting
- Representing creditor interests in bankruptcy proceedings
Howard brings a fresh approach to assist clients achieve their goals rather than using canned solutions. For instance, while preparing declarations and other project documents for condominium and other developments, Howard tailors each document to the client’s unique project rather than using purely form documents.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1973
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1970, cum laude
- The Florida Bar: Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section: At Large Member, Executive Committee, 2015 – 2016; Member of Condominium and Planned Development Committee, Construction Law Committee, Commercial Real Property Committee, Development and Green Building Committee and Liability Insurance and Surety Committee
- Board Certification Program of The Florida Bar: Board of Legal Specialization and Education (BLSE) 2006-2012, including Chair, Rules Committee (2009-2012); Real Estate Certification Committee, 2000-2006, including Chair (2003-2004)
- Broward County Bar Association: Member of Construction Law Committee and Bankruptcy Committee
- Member, The Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Fort Lauderdale Power Squadron: Law Officer
- FBI Miami Citizens Academy Alumni Association
Rate : $$$$