Mr. Howard A. Cohen is a Director in the Financial Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights Department of Gibbons P.C., resident in the Wilmington, Delaware office. Mr. Cohen focuses his practice on corporate restructuring, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights.
Mr. Cohen is involved in many large and complex restructurings, with an emphasis on the representation of financially distressed companies, official committees of unsecured creditors and other key constituents. With nearly 20 years of experience in the restructuring industry, Mr. Cohen is able to provide his clients with the practical advice and insight that is required to achieve positive outcomes in complex restructuring situations.
His industry and client experience spans numerous industries, including, retail, energy, manufacturing, technology, transportation, horticulture, restaurant, and life sciences. His clients include Chapter 11 debtors, official committees, ad hoc committees, equity sponsors, trustees, asset purchasers, lenders, trade creditors, litigation targets, and major creditor and equity holder constituencies.
Mr. Cohen has represented clients in many very well-known cases over his years in practice, such as, Energy Futures, General Motors, Circuit City, and Washington Mutual. Examples of recent engagements include:
- chapter 11 counsel to Chieftain Sand and Proppant, LLC (oil and gas) and Sundevil Holdings, LLC (energy);
- creditors’ committee counsel to Advanta Corporation (banking) and Horsehead Corporation (Metals and Minerals);
- counsel to asset purchaser in Quaker Steak and Lube (restaurant);
- counsel to liquidating trustee in Advanta (banking); and
- counsel to the State of Illinois Department of Insurance in litigation involving net operating losses in connection with the chapter 11 case of Triad Guaranty, Inc. (insurance).
- Duke University School of Law (J.D.)
- Florida State University (B.S.)
- State of Delaware
- United States District Court for the District of Delaware
Rate : $$$