Mr. Howard Coker is the President and a founding partner of Coker Law. Recognized by his peers as a prominent Florida trial attorney, he is a passionate and active advocate. In the pursuit of justice, Mr. Coker has tried over 350 jury trials to conclusion and handled thousands of mediated settlements – a top record for results.
For his tireless service and consistent commitment to both professional and community organizations, Mr. Coker has received a number of significant awards and honors. He holds multiple lifetime achievement awards, including the Jacksonville Business Journal’s Lifetime Achievement Award (2017), and the Florida Justice Association’s Perry Nichols Award (2006) and Al J. Cone Lifetime Achievement Award (2009).
Among Mr. Coker’s numerous professional affiliations are his 2008 appointment by the Florida Governor as a member of the Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission and his 2010 appointment by the Florida Supreme Court to the Florida Innocence Commission.
He was awarded the ABA-TIPS Award for Lifetime Pursuit of Justice in 2011, named Best Lawyers’ Jacksonville Personal Injury Litigator of the Year in 2014, received the 2016 Compassionate Gladiator Award for Strength, Skill, Drive and Heart from the Florida Justice Association and the 2017 Ultimate Attorney Lifetime Achievement Award from the Jacksonville Business Journal.
Aside from these distinguished accomplishments, Mr. Coker continues to volunteer his time and efforts to a long list of civic and nonprofit organizations, even receiving the 2017 Bob Hayes “Man of the Year” Community Service Award.
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science (1969)
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor (1971)
- Courts of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 11th Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
Professional Activities and Affiliations:
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- Advanced Trial Advocacy School of The Florida Bar:
- International Society of Barristers:
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Charter Fellow of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida Federation of American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida Justice Association (Eagle Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society (President, 2005-present)
- United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission (2008-present)
Rate : $$$