Howard D. Geneslaw – a licensed Professional Planner in New Jersey, member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), and a former consultant to municipal planning boards – relies on his focused industry training and experience to inform his comprehensive regional real estate development practice.
Helping clients to expand their markets and establish significant presence throughout the region, he secures permits and approvals for store expansions and new construction on behalf of, among many other clients, supermarkets, fast food restaurants, convenience stores, and other retail chains, as well as financial institutions and real estate developers. He also handles liquor license issues for a variety of clients.
Mr. Geneslaw focuses on development, redevelopment, zoning, land use planning, and related permitting issues, as well as liquor licensing and alcoholic beverage control issues, in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut.
He served on the Board of Directors of the Land Use Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association (holding the position of Director for five years, after which he held the position of Secretary for the 2014-15 year, Vice Chair for the 2015-16 year, and Chair for the 2016-17 year) and has mediated various disputes as a court-appointed mediator.
- Columbia Law School (J.D.)
- Winner of the James A. Coon Memorial Writing Competition, Municipal Law Section, New York State Bar Association
- Washington University in St. Louis (B.A., cum laude)
- Rutgers University (M.C.R.P.)
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Licensed Professional Planner, New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Director, Land Use Section, 2009-2014
- Secretary, Land Use Section, 2014-2015
- Vice Chair, Land Use Section, 2015-2016
- Chair, Land Use Section, 2016-2017
- Supreme Court of New Jersey District Ethics Committee for Essex County V-B
- Investigator, 2008-2011
- Rockland Municipal Planning Federation
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Licensing & Compliance Professionals (NALCP)
Rate : $$$