Howard Pianko is a partner in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Mr. Pianko is a recognized leader in his field. He is consistently top-ranked by Chambers USA and was named a “Client Service All-Star” in Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation in the 2016 edition of BTI Consulting Group’s annual report surveying the nation’s top lawyers in the area of client service.
Over his career, he has advised a wide range of clients on the full gamut of matters relating to employee benefits: (i) equity and incentive compensation programs; (ii) pension and welfare benefit plan compliance, drafting and administration; (iii) benefit aspects of corporate transactions – mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures;(iv) plan investments; (v) plan governance and fiduciary responsibilities; and (vi) benefit related litigation.
He also has written extensively, with a focus on topics involving executive compensation, fiduciary and plan governance and cross-border transactions. Mr. Pianko is a frequent lecturer on these topics within the U.S. and he also has spoken on cross-border topics, such as global equity compensation programs and global plan governance policies, in Africa, Asia, Canada, Europe and South America.
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University Law School
- J.D., New York University
- The New York University Law Review
- B.A., City College of New York, with honors
- Bronx High School of Science
- American Bar Association (Committee on Employee Benefits; Section on Taxation)
- Practicing Law Institute – Employee Benefits Law Committee; Advisory Council
- Practical Law Company – Advisory Council,
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce (Employee Benefits Subcommittee, 1993-1996)
Rate : $$$