With more than 30 years of experience in the real estate industry, and as co-head of the firm’s global real estate practice, Howard E. Schreiber advises a variety of institutional investors and lenders on matters relating to their real estate assets. He is particularly valued for his in-depth knowledge of construction, permanent lending and office leasing.
Howard works with his clients on the financing of real estate and drafts and negotiates the documentation related to such financing transactions, including those used in construction and permanent financing as well as mezzanine financing.
Additionally, he regularly assists with the drafting and negotiation of contracts for the purchase and sale of real estate and personal property; extensive loan workouts and modifications; and the drafting and negotiation of tenant leases (both from the landlord’s and tenant’s perspective); and related asset management documentation.
- Represented Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI), and a group of commercial banks on the real estate aspects of a $4.369 billion senior secured project debt finance, letter of credit and working capital facilities to finance the construction and operation of Train 1 of a multitrain natural gas liquefaction and export facilities project to be located on Quintana Island near Freeport. Awarded 2014 “Deal of the Year – Americas” by Project Finance International (PFI), and 2014 “Americas Award for North American Oil & Gas and Global Overall” by Infrastructure Journal and 2015 Global Finance Deal of the Year: Project Finance by The American Lawyer.
- Represented a financial institution with the $400-million-plus financing needed for the borrower to acquire a 1.8 million square foot corporate headquarters campus in Texas.
- Additional parcels of land that are prime for development were also included in the sale and the transaction involved the subsequent leaseback of a portion of the campus to the seller.
- Documentation on behalf of lenders of numerous secured permanent loan facilities (various states) in amounts ranging from $3,000,000 to $200,000,000, including $200,000,000 casino and hotel loan in Las Vegas.
- Sale of numerous office projects ranging in size from 30,000 square feet to 1,000,000 square feet.
- Closed on behalf of various borrowers credit tenant lease facilities secured by medical office building and 110 natural gas drill sites.
- Acquisition and financing of office projects and raw land in cities of Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston in $120,000,000 sale/leaseback transaction. Related management and leasing operations of same.
- Coordination of due diligence review for 200 property portfolio in connection with proposed DIP loan facility.
- Documentation of $100,000,000 DIP loan facility.
- Negotiation of note purchase agreements for single loan and portfolio loan acquisitions.
Foreclosure of office tower securing $46,000,000 loan facility.
- Negotiation on behalf of landlords of 105,000, 120,000, 250,000 and 300,000 square foot office leases.
- Acquisition and financing of office project in City of Dallas in $160,000,000 transaction. Related management and leasing operations of same.
- Documentation of numerous construction and permanent loans (various states) for golf course, casino and hotel developments.
- JD, Duke University School of Law, with honors, Editor, Law and Contemporary Problems, 1984
- BA, Dickinson College, with honors, 1981
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
Rate : $$$