Howard W. Waltzman focuses his practice on communications and technology law and privacy compliance. He represents some of the nation’s leading service providers, manufacturers and trade associations in regulatory, compliance and legislative matters, including with respect to privacy; cyber-security; and mobile services, application, and devices; as well as other complex public policy issues involving technology.
Howard’s experience includes drafting regulatory pleadings and license applications; legislation, Congressional testimony and legislative history; and compliance programs. He appears personally before Members of Congress, Cabinet department officials, FCC and FTC Commissioners, and key Congressional, Administration, FCC and FTC staff.
Howard also advises clients and assists them in presenting their positions during FCC rulemakings, Department of Justice and Congressional investigations, FTC enforcement actions and throughout the legislative process.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2007, Howard served as Chief Telecommunications and Internet Counsel for the U.S. House Energy and Commerce Committee. Prior to working for the House Energy and Commerce Committee, he served as General Counsel for Senator Sam Brownback.
- Wesleyan University, BA, with honors
- Syracuse University, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- The George Washington University Law School, JD
- District of Columbia
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Co-Chair, Legislative Committee, Federal Communications Bar Association
- Member, Federalist Society’s Telecommunications and Electronic Media Practice Group Executive Committee
Rate : $$$$