Huey-Fun Lee is a counsel of the firm’s Tax Department. She concentrates on the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, workouts and restructuring of distressed companies, financings and debt and equity securities offerings by domestic and foreign issuers, and private equity fund formation and review. She is a co-author of “Certain U.S. Tax Considerations for Organizing U.S. Hedge Funds,” Practising Law Institute (2016).
She joined Debevoise in 1994 and was admitted to the New York State bar in 1995.
She received her LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 1994, her J.D., cum laude, from University of Mississippi School of Law in 1993, her M.A. in accounting from University of West Florida in 1991 and her B.S. in accounting from National Chengchi University School of Business Administration (Taipei) in 1987. In 1990, she received the Elijah Watt Sells Award from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Charles Waldo Hoskins Award from the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
She is a native Chinese speaker.
- Vets First Choice in the financing aspects of its merger with the Henry Schein Animal Health business to create Covetrus, a new standalone public company.
- NLMK and its U.S. subsidiaries in a $250 million ABL facility.
- Polyus Gold International in its $800 million Eurobond offering of 5.25% guaranteed notes due 2023.
- Noven Pharmaceuticals in the sale of its Brisdelle and Pexeva product lines to Sebela International.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- Theragen, a privately owned medical device company, in its acquisition of Neurotech North America.
- AmRisc management in its purchase of American Coastal Insurance Company from BB&T, and its sale of a majority interest in AmRisc, a managing general agency, to BB&T.
- Mitsui in the sale of Transfreight North America, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides logistics services primarily to automotive manufacturers, to U.S.-based Penske Logistics.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Toyota in its collaboration with Air Liquide to develop and supply 12 state-of-the-art hydrogen stations in five states in the northeast in connection with Toyota’s rollout of new hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, Mirai.
- Crown Resorts, one of Australia’s largest gaming and resort operators, and Elan Holdings in the distressed acquisition of a controlling interest in a 34.6-acre site formerly occupied by the New Frontier casino on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Landstar System in its $87 million sale of supply chain subsidiaries to XPO Logistics.
- Envision Healthcare in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- HD Supply in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- Credit Suisse, Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, UBS Investment Bank, Jefferies, J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital Markets as underwriters in the $301.8 million secondary offering of common units of CVR Partners.
- Mitsui in establishing a significant joint venture with Celanese to manufacture methanol at Celanese’s plant in Clear Lake, Texas.
- Culligan in the US, Canada and Europe in its successful out-of-court restructuring of more than $700 million in secured debt obligations, a leading provider of global water treatment solutions, and over 40 affiliates.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- A group of investors, including Oaktree Capital Management and Avenue Capital, in the acquisition of the assets of the Sea Island Resort through its Chapter 11 case.
- New York University, 1994, LL.M.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1993, J.D.
- National Chengchi University, 1987, B.S.
- New York
Rate : $$$$